Friday, September 21, 2007

Full of promise - Weekends.... and life!

I love the little bubbles of anticipation that a Friday brings. The approaching weekend seems almost magical in the possibilities it holds. Two full days of fun and rest and friends, and who knows what else :)? What in the world could be better than irrational happiness?

Even if the actual weekend is ordinary or even disappointing, the feeling of a Friday afternoon is unbeatable. I have been lucky to always have a 5 day week, though school, college and work. So Friday has been my favourite day of the week.

Not that the week is too boring or tiring. Not that work is not enjoyable in itself. Infact the whole point of a Friday is that the week exists. It’s the ups and downs that make the roller coaster… otherwise it would be a monotonous journey with no excitement… The Mondays make the Fridays and the Fridays make the Mondays…

Everyone smiles more on a Friday. People are more cheery & relaxed, they talk about weekend plans. Friday is like a mini Christmas every week!

Fridays are all about anticipation. So what is this 'anticipation'? I think one of the things that make life worth living. It’s like hope on prozac. It’s what interrupts the drudgery of human life and uplifts us where we see what is special about it. Anticipation is the feeling before the first date, the first kiss, a new country, a new friend, even a new shirt! It’s the drum roll… and what would life be without that drama… The feeling of being the lead in the movie of your life… Of being special, even if to no one else, but to yourself…

On that note, a happy weekend to you!

6 comments:

nisha said...

Reading your blogs leave me with a smile on my face. It sounds exactly like you talking. The A viewpoint then a counter view point. The balance that is always underlying there. Yet it doesn't give me the impression of a fencesitter. Is it because I know you too well to know that this is all not just talk? That you really favour A and its antithesis A-? Maybe :) All the same I'm just glad to be part of what you're going through

nisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Surya said...

Mini Christmas... I like that... :) So where will we go to sing carols today? :))

Vikram Mall said...

Hi Bhavna

I am maha impressed with your writing. Always thought you were a mature person for your age and now it shows too!

I think your blog provides near about complete perspective (like your firned on the train said)

Keep it coming

Commander No. 1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
naari said...

this was my birthday. spent in Penang cooped up in the client's office from morning to evening. with a bunch of strangers who didn't know it was my birthday. but constantly answering SMS wishes from people who I wished were physically near. and came home in the night to an empty house. almost all first birthdays in a new city since I first moved out of Bombay 7 years ago have been like this. so that Friday, there wasn't much anticipation about the Christmas ahead :-)